Everyone knows that in the kitchen, fresh ingredients are of vital importance. If you want to cook great meals, you need to know where to find the freshest, highest-quality ingredients. Fortunately, there are several farmers markets in Colorado Springs that you can choose from in order to find just what you’re looking for – whether its produce, baked goods, dairy products, meats, or more.
This week, buy some farm fresh products from one of the farmer’s markets in Colorado Springs and take advantage of the difference that using fresh, wholesome products will make in your meals.
- Acacia Park Farmers Market – The Acacia Park Farmers Market is held on Mondays between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. at 115 East Platte Avenue. The Acacia Park Farmers Market takes place between the months of June and October.
- Broadmoor Farmers Market– Located at 315 Lake Avenue, the Broadmoor Farmers Market is held on Mondays between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. This market runs between May 27 and October 14.
- Colorado Farm and Art Market– This market is found at 7350 Pine Creek, and those who organize the market hope to promote a real relationship between consumers and area producers. The Colorado Farm and Art market features products that were all Colorado-produced, and visitors to the Colorado Farm and Art Market can shop for arts and craft items in addition to farm-fresh foods.
- Old Colorado City Farmers Market– The Old Colorado City Farmers Market is held on Saturdays between the hours of 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Bancroft Park. A wide variety of items are available, including fresh produce, homemade soups, pastas and breads, condiments such as honey and salsas, crafts, and more.
- University Village Colorado Farmers Market– Located at 5230 North Nevada Avenue, the University Village Colorado Farmers Market begins at 9 a.m. on Saturday morning and runs until 3 p.m. This market will be taking place between June 1 and November 2 in 2013.
- Memorial Park– Between June and October, area residents and visitors will be able to buy farm fresh products at the Memorial Park Farmers Market. This market opens at 7 a.m. on Thursdays and is open until 1 p.m. in the afternoon.
Choose among the variety of farmers markets in Colorado Springs, and find the one that is most convenient to your home. Buying your food at a Colorado Springs farmers markets isn’t just smart, it can be so much fun as well. Many farmers markets occasionally host special events and feature samplings of new products. If you’re interested in learning more about what Colorado Springs has to offer, contact or visit Park Avenue Properties today.